Memories of the people, places and events of the past on Bute are rekindled once again in the brand new issue of The Buteman’s sister title, Back In The Day, on sale now.
The 2014 edition, priced just £1.50 and available at all the island’s newsagents, features another bumper crop of recollections from some fascinating interviewees and contributors.
If you haven’t picked up a copy yet, here’s a selection of what you’ll find inside the new edition...
* Iain MacLeod’s memories and colour pictures of Rothesay Acdemy ski trips from the late 1970s and early 1980s
* James McAlister’s story of the shaping of a Bute farming dynasty
* The old buses and trams of Bute
* Jimmy Keith’s memories of growing up in Kerrycroy
* Inside the doctor’s surgery on Bute’s own ‘Harley Street’
* The recollections of a Glasgow electrician from a year spent working at Mount Stuart in the 1960s
* Tommy Wilkinson on selling newspapers, amateur boxing and breeding canaries
* First Holy Communion pictures from St Andrew’s Church
* Tommy and Helen Howat’s look back at Port Bannatyne
* Pupils and staff at Rothesay Primary, St Andrew’s Primary and Rothesay Academy
* Gil Tod and the Tikis - Rothesay’s favourite sixties musicians
All that and much more besides for just £1.50 - so don’t miss out, buy your copy today!