Bute will play host to its first ever community council election later this month after 26 people put their names forward for the 20 places on Bute Community Council.
The list of candidates has just been published by Argyll and Bute Council and shows that interest in the first rung of local democracy on the island appears to have reached an all-time high.
Elections will take place in seven of the 56 community council areas across Argyll and Bute - Craignish, Seil and Eadale, Cairndow, Lochgoil, Arrochar and Tarbet, Luss and Arden, and Bute.
Exactly half of the 26 Bute candidates have never served on the community council before; 12 are members of the current BCC, while one candidate, Peter Hamilton, was a BCC member previously but is not at present.
Argyll and Bute Council will issue postal ballot papers on or before October 17 to everyone who is on the electoral register on Bute, and voting papers must be returned by post to the council by October 31 at the latest.
Voting is simple, though slightly different to the Argyll and Bute Council elections: instead of ranking candidates 1, 2, 3 and so on in order of preference, all you do is mark an X against the name of up to 20 of the candidates (the number of available places) on the ballot paper.
The names and addresses of the 26 Bute candidates, in alphabetical order, are as follows (candidates who are current BCC members are marked with a *).
* Frank Baxter, 3 Rosebank, 29 Argyle Street, Rothesay;
Ray Beverley, Mecknoch, Rothesay;
* Mike Blair, 5 Eaglesham Terrace, Rothesay;
Kevin R. Bye, 6 Mountclare Gardens, Port Bannatyne;
Martin Catlin, 42 Crichton Road, Rothesay;
Mick Common, Park Cottage, Upper Quay Street, Port Bannatyne;
Ellen Cromack, Pier View, Kilchattan Bay;
* Jean Donald, Flat 1, 25 Argyle Street, Rothesay;
Paul Duffy, 31 Crichton Road, Rothesay;
* Charlie Fryars, 12 Ardmory Road, Rothesay;
Gordon Gillespie, 37 Bishop Street, Rothesay;
* William J. (Iain) Gillespie, Flat 1/2, 37 East Princes Street;
Peter Hamilton, 18 Rothesay Court, Broadcroft Lane, Rothesay;
Barbara Hill, 7 Mountstuart Road, Rothesay;
* Ian Hopkins, Flat 1/2, 179 High Street, Rothesay;
* Nicola Jones, 63B Castle Street, Port Bannatyne;
* Elaine Jukes, Flat G/1, 26 Castle Street, Port Bannatyne;
Karen Molloy, Flat 7, 10 The Terrace, Ardbeg;
* Duncan McDougall, Birgidale Crieff, Kingarth;
* Gertie Reynolds, Woodlea, Ardencraig Road, Rothesay;
Peter Slepokura, 5 The Terrace, Ardbeg Road, Rothesay;
Carol A. Sprowl, 18 Mountclare Gardens, Port Bannatyne;
* Grace Strong, Upper Flat, 61 Ardbeg Road, Rothesay;
Henry Tait, Flat 2, 5 Barone Road, Rothesay;
* Peter Wallace, 9 Prospect Terrace, Rothesay;
Don Williams, Ground Flat, Rosehill, Academy Road, Rothesay.