Bute police on patrol

Share this article

This week’s Police on Patrol on Bute.

* Youth disorders: Police have been notified of youths behaving in a disorderly manner around the Skeoch Woods area, namely Argyle Terrace. Officers will be paying close attention to this area to address any anti-social behaviour.

* Vandals: A black Nissan Qushqai sustained damage to its wing mirror following an act of vandalism in Ladeside Street, overnight between April 22-23. Anyone with information should contact Constable Simpson.

* Diesel stolen: Approximately 800 litres of diesel has been stolen from a storage tank near Loch Ascog waterworks between April 18-24. Although an isolated incident on Bute, it is the latest in a series of fuel thefts across Argyll and Bute. Police Scotland are using all their resources to find the person or persons responsible. Any information regarding this local theft can be passed to Rothesay police office by phoning 101.

* No insurance: A 42-year-old driver was stopped in Barone Road on April 27 at 4pm by officers, and was found to have no insurance for his vehicle. The car was seized and a report will be sent to the Procurator Fiscal.

* Bus ditched: A bus ended up in a ditch near to Kingarth on April 22 at 4.30pm. The road was partially blocked for a period of time. No-one was charged and no injuries were sustained.

* Breach of peace: A 21-year-old woman was arrested for committing a breach of the peace in West Princes Street at 3am on April 27. She was later released when sober and issued with an anti-social fixed penalty ticket.

* Refusing to leave: Police were called to the Galatea Bar on April 26 at 11.45 after a drunk 53-year-old customer refused to leave the premises. When police arrived, the man was found to have left.

* Fixed penalty: A male driver was issued with a fixed penalty ticket for using a mobile phone while driving in Argyle Place on April 24 at 5.45pm.

* Car fire: Police and Fire services responded to a report of a car fire in Robertson Drive on April 23 at 5.25pm.

The fire was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault and was made safe by the fire service.