An island resident was in touch with The Buteman this morning to ask us to alert the public to a spate of animal poisonings in the Argyle Street area of Rothesay.
The man, who asked not to be named, explained that some years ago a neigbour’s pet rabbit escaped, and as a result there were now a number of wild rabbits in the area. However, in recent days, the man has come across a number of the animals lying dead, and has had to dispose of their bodies himself
His concerns also related to domestic animals which might accidentally ingest whatever substance is being used against the rabbits.
He added: “Whoever is doing this isn’t even getting rid of the rabbits once they’re dead.
“There are now only about two rabbits left, and I don’t think one of them will even survive the weekend.”