Book Week Scotland begins this coming Monday, November 25 - and in partnership with Rothesay Joint Campus librarian Shiona Lawson, we’re hoping to find out a little bit about Bute’s reading habits.
Shiona has compiled a short survey with six very simple questions which you can complete very easily by just emailing your answers off to email@example.com, or by sending a private message to our Facebook page.
All we, and Shiona, want to know is answers to the following questions.
1. What is your favourite book?
2. What is your favourite children’s book?
3. How do you choose a book - author, genre, blurb, review, recommendation or some other way?
4. Which format do you prefer - hardback, paperback, e-reader, books on tape or another format?
5. How do you acquire your books - new, second-hand, borrowed from a library, borrowed from a friend, gifts, downloads or another source?
6. What do you use as a bookmark?
Should you wish, there’s also a cut-out survey in this week’s issue of The Buteman (on sale on Thursday, November 21), while hard copies of the survey are available from Print Point and Rothesay Library.
Completed hard-copy surveys can be returned to Print Point, Rothesay Library or Rothesay Joint Campus, while we’ll forward on all responses emailed to us. The final date for the return of completed surveys is Friday, December 6 - and we hope to be able to announce what should be some interesting results very shortly afterwards!