There’s now less than a week left to bominate a community baton-bearer for the Scottish leg of the Queen’s Baton Relay ahead of next summer’s Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
If you know of someone who has made a positive contribution to their community through sport, or has been a role model to young people in their local area, then why not nominate them to help carry the baton on its journey through Scotland?
Up to four thousand baton-bearers will be needed, and those noinated will need to fulfil one or more of the following criteria.
* Made a positive contribution to the lives of others through community sport
* Undertaken voluntary work or contributed to schools or youth organisations
* Contributed towards greater inclusion for disadvantaged or marginalised sectors of the community
* Been a role model or mentor to youth through sport
* Displaying a level of individual achievement against the odds
* Made a significant contribution to their local community.
Nominees must be UK citizens or have permission to reside in the UK, and be 12 years of age or older on the date of nomination.
You must have consent from the person you want to nominate along with their current email address.
If you want to nominate someone, you will be asked to describe in 100 words or less why this person meets one or more of the six selection criteria to be eligible as a community batonbearer.
Successful community baton-bearers will be allocated a segment of the route within the Local Authority area in which they have made their contribution to the community.
All nomination forms will be judged in the local authority area indicated by the nominator and confirmed by the nominee. You may nominate someone you know to be a community batonbearer or yourself by completing the online nomination form available from the Glasgow 2014 website.
All completed applications must be received by 5pm on Friday 22 November 2013.Gl
If you have any questions about the nomination process or about being a baton-bearer please read the FAQs on the Glasgow 2014 website.