Rothesay police warn of fire danger

Rothesay police have issued renewed warnings of the dangers posed by leaving cooking unattended following an incident at a town-centre flat last week.
Rothesay police have issued renewed warnings of the dangers posed by leaving cooking unattended following an incident at a town-centre flat last week.

Following an incident last week where a top-floor flat in Rothesay could have caught fire, police have issued renewed warnings of the dangers posed by leaving cooking unattended.

Police and fire services responded to a report of smoke coming from a property at 11 Albert Place at 1.30am on Wednesday, July 17.

Upon entering the property, it was discovered that a pan had been left on a cooker unsupervised.

Although there was no significant damage caused on this occasion, local police would like to remind the public of the dangers of leaving cooking unattended.