Strathclyde Police have warned the public on Bute to be extra careful to keep their belongings safe after a number of thefts on the island in the last few days.
Incidents reported to police include the theft of a petrol blower and a garden strimmer stored in a vehicle parked in Bellevue Road in Rothesay between 3.30pm and 7pm on September 27.
The island’s senior police officer, Inspector Gordon Anderson, contacted The Buteman to ask us to pass on the following advice to readers to guard against theft:
* Ensure vehicles are always left secure.
* Ensure any valuables/equipment are locked away in sheds and not left lying around in open view or on display in open trailers etc where possible.
* Challenge persons on your property who are not known to you. Request ID cards and check that they are valid. Even if all checks are legitimate, check their planned works schedule with a supervisor. Is there a valid reason? If not make further enquiries.
* Any suspicious persons or vehicles should be recorded and reported to police.
* Where a theft or incident has taken place, report it to police.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Rothesay
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east