Bute Advice Centre has announced details of a Scottish Hydro initiative giving new domestic appliances to people on certain benefits.
Scottish Hydro’s Priority Assitance Fund will offer new appliances such as washing machines, electric cookers, fridges, freezers or fridge-freezers, free of charge to customers who meet the criteria listed below.
Only one appliance is allowed per household, and the criteria for the scheme are as listed below.
- have an appliance aged over ten years, a broken appliance, or no appliance; and
- be a Scottish Hydro customer; and
- be willing to receive a phone call from Scottish Hydro to process their application; and
- be able to provide proof of eligibility, i.e. an award letter from the DWP (if in doubt, check with ALIenergy staff at Bute Advice Centre first); and
- be in receipt of pension credit; OR
- be in receipt of IBJSA/IRESA or Income Support; and (1) Disabled Child Premium; or (2) have parental responsibility for a child aged under 16 who lives at the property; or (3) have parental responsibility for a child aged 16 to 19 who lives at the property and is in full-time education (though not higher education, i.e. university); or (4) pension premium (including higher or enhanced); or (5) Child Tax Credit which includes a disability or severe disability element; or (6) disability premium, enhanced disability premium or severe disability premium; OR
- be in receipt of Child Tax Credits and have a relevant income of under £15,860; OR
- be in receipt of Working Tax Credits and have a relevant income of under £15,680 and (1) have parental responsibility for a child aged under 16 who lives at the property; or (2) have parental responsibility for a child aged 16 to 19 who lives at the property and is in full-time education (though not higher education, i.e. university); or (3) be in receipt of Disabled Worker Element or Severe Disability Element; or (4) be aged 60 or over.
Applicants not only get a good quality brand new A-rated appliance delivered to their home, but also a five-year warranty to go with it.
All applications for the scheme must be submitted by Friday, February 14, 2014 at the very latest. For further information call Bute Advice Centre on (01700) 502784 to make an apppointment with ALIenergy advisers Julie Semple or Alma Mickaill, who will be happy to assist. Please bring proof of income/benefits to any appointment.