NHS Highland has teamed up with Argyll and Bute Council to run a series of six fitness classes in Rothesay aimed specifically at families.
The Family Fit-ness sessions, which are free of charge will run at Rothesay Joint Campus on Sunday afternoons between February and April and should provide a great opportunity for those who want to get fit themselves but also want to spend quality time with their families.
Catherine Haggart from NHS Highland’s local health screening team said: “All mums and dads want the very best for their children, and part of that involves getting fit and active and having a healthy lifestyle.
“Well we are here to help. If you want to get fit yourself and also want to spend quality time with your families then why not come along?”
Catherine also listed some of the benefits of getting involved in the sessions:
- Get the whole family fit and have lots of fun at the same time;
- Get your children to embrace fitness from a young age, and have lots of fun;
- Enjoy quality time together as a family and have lots of fun;
- Bond together as a family whilst having fun;
- Boost your child’s confidence and self-esteem;
- and above all, have lots of family fun!
The sessions take place on the following Sundays: February 23, March 2, 9, 16 and 30, and April 6. All run from 3.30-5.30pm.
For more info and to book, call 01700 504300. Kids please note: you must bring your parents and make sure they behave!