A Port Bannatyne resident was fined £200 at Rothesay Sheriff Court on Monday after quantities of diazepam and cannabis were found at his home.
Police searched William Docherty’s flat at 1/3, 49 Castle Street on September 11 and found 230 diazepam tables, valued at between £115 and £230, and 9.9 grams of cannabis resin worth approximately £50.
Jim Hannay, defending, said police had phoned Docherty to say they had a warrant to search the property, and that Docherty - who was not at home at the time - had told them where to find the drugs.
* Charles Stewart (23), address given as 49 Roslin Crescent, Rothesay, pleaded guilty on Monday to assaulting the landlord of the Grapes Bar in the town by punching him on the head on October 28 last year; sentence was deferred for reports.
* Stephen Bell (48), address given as Flat 2/2, 103 Montague Street, Rothesay, was fined £100 on Monday after admitting behaving in a threatening or abusive manner likely to cause a reasonable person to suffer fear or alarm.
The court heard Bell, who is blind, had lost his temper with his carer on August 27 after the carer’s dog ate his dinner.
* Laura Cumming (30), address given as 10 Mansefield Place, Rothesay, pleaded guilty to behaving in a threatening or abusive manner by repeatedly shouting and swearing in the presence of children on August 7.
Sentence was deferred for the production of a criminal justice social work report.
* Susan Fisher (43), address given as 57 Castle Street, Port Bannatyne, was fined £80 in court on Monday for using a mobile phone while driving.
Fisher was stopped by police in Argyle Street on April 7; Sheriff Paul Reid also endorsed her licence with three penalty points.
* Adam Clarke (29), address given as 3/1, 6 Hillhouse Road, Rothesay, was fined £100 on Monday for failing to wear a seat belt while in the front seat of a car in Argyle Street on April 2.
The court was told Clarke had been offered a fixed penalty ticket but had failed to pay it.
* More on these cases in this week’s issue of The Buteman - on sale from Thursday, September 26.