* Drug possession: A 26-year-old man has been charged after he was found to be in possession of a substantial quantity of drugs upon disembarking from the ferry at Rothesay Pier at around 7.30pm on April 8.
The man was held in custody and appeared at Greenock Sheriff Court on Tuesday, April 9.
* Fraud: A 22-year-old man has been charged with theft and fraud after he was found in possession of a stolen credit card during a ‘stop-and-search’ in the town centre on April 2.
* Theft (1): Police are appealing for information after a tablet PC was reported as stolen from a property in King Street in the early hours of April 6.
Any information should be passed onto Sergeant Watt.
* Streetfighters: Police responded to two separate incidents of fighting at 1am on April 6.
One fight took place between two males in East Princes Street, and both were arrested.
The second incident took place between three men in Montague Street, with all three arrested and charged with public disorder offences.
* Theft (2): A 25-year-old man was jailed at Rothesay Sheriff Court on Monday following the theft of a vehicle from Watergate at around 4.40am on April 5, whilst under the influence of alcohol. For the full story, see page 5.
Local police inspector Gordon Anderson reminded the public to take extra care when securing their vehicles.